Sunday, January 18, 2009

Last days

Friday morning I awoke to Odette crawling on the air mattress with me. I think Malange helped put her up to it. She was watching from her bed and laughed as I was surprised by being there. After getting up it was time to get started for the day. We built a few benches during the day and just spent time hanging out with the girls. The day passed quickly and soon it was time for bed. As we got ready for bed Odette had already gotten the air mattress down in the floor. She had gotten her new blanket from the Gaylor's and the Hodge's and was ready to go to bed. It was just like being at home taking a nap with one of my girls. I was just really really really far away from home, but felt at home, all at the same time.

Saturday morning I came to the conclusion that Odette is a bed hog. I wouldn't trade getting to spend the time with her, but it wasn't very restful. Sleep is over rated any way. Today was the day to go home. I started packing and was trying not to think about the reality that I was going to be leaving my girl. I am thankful that she was not overly emotional, she just started to "pull back" a little. Once it was time to go, I kissed her good bye and told her I loved her. She said she loved me and I headed to the truck to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment